Sunday, May 17, 2009

Blog 5 (addition to my artist statement)

Christopher Gross 1/25/09
FilmP 150.04 Professors Anderson and Lucas
Artist Statement
From age three to eighteen and beyond I realized that I when I grew up I wanted to be famous. Now most kids around three to ten years old usually want to be professional athletes or policemen or doctors, I was not like any other kid. From the first time I saw The Godfather when I was three I wanted to make movies. I’ve always been fascinated with the aspect of editing the movies and screenwriting. The whole editing aspect really intrigues me because I am into making something out of a bunch of minuscule items. With editing I have the opportunity to take thousands of shots and put them together into a phenomenal piece of work. When looking upon my career choice as a filmmaker I realized that my inspiration and motivation are my family and my friends. My family and friends are my driving force in life and through my work in film, I hope to impress my family and friends and make them all proud for the things that they have helped me accomplish. I have a background in editing on Final Cut Pro, Avid, Vegas and Adobe Premiere Pro, where I have edited many locally and nationally acclaimed pieces as well as famous works of motion picture. This has intrigued me ever since I started editing in the 9th grade, although I was studying film since I was a kid. On said editing software I was named one of the top four contestants in the country for the R.E.M. Supernatural Superserious contest where I edited a music video together for the rock band R.E.M. I have also edited various commercials for Honda, Coke and VH1. I truly admire the work of Spielberg, Hitchcock, Coppola and Welles, but I enjoy watching all works of motion picture because I learn from the mistakes and the triumphs of each and every director. I enjoy watching the greats because I love how they depict every aspect of each character and how they twist the plots or exploit one certain aspect of a certain character. I’m interested in showing the world a side of me that will shock many and woo others, being I want to bring forth the social problems in the world, with children and express them in my work. I also want to entertain many by writing something’s that nobody would have ever thought of writing, and after writing it, I want to make it into a feature length motion picture. Although im using this as blog number 5 im going to add onto the first artist statement because I could not find a way to rewrite this current one. After taking this class I re affirmed my need to want to become a filmmaker. Just with this class I noticed that I want to be more involved with film and not with New Media. New Media, although taking over the globe is not my field of choice, therefore I wish that we had more to do with film but its ok. I really enjoyed all that went on this semester between the wrestling, the moving into my own place, the fact that I am now signed on to film some rappers , my whole life has truly changed since I moved down to the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment